Client needs are my FIRST priority. I am a specialist in evidence-based treatments (EBT), which radically improves my client’s success rates, increases effectiveness of treatment, and gets results quickly. The majority of my client’s report improvements, within the first session: life-functioning (work- home-school-relationships) and report immediate reduction in symptoms. Reducing anxiety/panic, decreasing depression, developing stronger coping strategies to stress and balancing mood dysregulation are my specialty, as symptoms can result from adjustment challenges to sudden life changes: parenthood/divorce/grief/college. We collaborate on thinking traps, tracking triggers, modifying behavior, successful coping skills and strengthening resiliency.
I am a clinical psychotherapist specializing in adult, adolescents, and couples therapy. I also, specialize in women’s issues treating symptoms related to anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation and OCD. My clinical experience also includes the treatment of perinatal/postpartum adjustment issues. I maintain a private practice in Birmingham, MI.
With over 15 years of industry experience and additional professional development and training as a cognitive behavioral therapist (CBT), and dialectical behavior therapist (DBT), I obtained my Masters degree from the University of Michigan. My clinical and research interests are focused on treatment for anxiety, depression, and mood. I am currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among my areas of expertise are assisting women who are experiencing postpartum adjustment issues, perinatal mood concerns, and hormonal challenges..
In addition to being a prominent therapist, I have presented at National conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of anxiety, depression, postpartum adjustment, OCD and CBT.
I am an interactive, solution-focused therapist. My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- University of Michigan, LMSW
- University of Southern California (USC), MSW
- Michigan State University (MSU), Bachelors in Psychology
Licenses, Certifications & Awards:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Graduated Suma Cum Lade
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Certified in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Certification by Postpartum Support International (PSI).
- University of Michigan Health Systems
- Cognitive Behavioral Clinic
- Adolescent and Child Anxiety Division
- Department of Psychiatry
- Depression Center
- Rachel Upjohn Building.
- Postpartum Adjustment Team
- Individual Family Support Team
- NICU Support Team
- Postpartum Support Group Leader
- Postpartum Support Group Presenter
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Member of Anxiety Depression Association America (ADAA)
- Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (ABCT)
- Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Diplomat
- Phi Kappa Phi, University of Michigan Chapter
- National Honor Society.